Monday, April 24, 2006

Blues Route 2006

Unfortunately I was only able to go to the Blues Route on friday 21st and to the after party in Cees Place on the 23rd, so I missed one night of the blues route. And that was the night I would visit JR band and Fog Bluesband, but you cant have them all and Cees promissed us last night that next year there will be another Blues Route. He did it in a special way, although he was very tired, he had to thank evrybody with a blues song, in which he stated the above mentioned.

On friday I went to see Ralph de Jogh in cafe Het Weerbericht. I like Ralph very much a very shy looking guy but when he takes his guitar and start to sing Ralph transforms into Blues. At that moment every fibre in his body is blues. Its like he is in a trance while on stage. Ralph plays aal kinds of blues styles but he comes the nearest to the original Mississippi Blues.

After I had seen, listened and spoke to Ralph, I went to cafe Nieuwe Dikke Dries, 12 Bar Blues Band was playing over there. I really like the way Kees is playing the guitar and managed to get the real Blues feeling on stage. It was really a Blues party with the 12 Bar Blues Band. They played great.

The Afterparty yesterday night was at Cees Place. It was really crowded. And there were some good performances. I enjoyed the sessions of T Bone Fischer and Jeroen the most.

Thanks Cees for setting up such a good weekend wish you lots of succes with organising the paper note jazz festival later up in the year and with the Blues Route 2007.

No comments: