Thursday, April 20, 2006

Beyond Mississippi

BEYOND MISSISSIPPI
Or: The Blues that left town ............... and took a wrong turn down the right road.


This is the title of a CD I recently bought. The title itself could be the title of a blues song. A very long title but it precisely describes the contents of the CD. It is more or less a historical overview of the Blues styles from the very basic Mississippi Blues to what the blues is now. Some traditional tracks and some very modern ones. It pictures you the development of the Blues over time. With great names like Van Morisson, Albert King, Dr Feelgood, Bo Diddley and many more.

I took no note of the subtitle "The Blues that left town", until I read the subtitle of the Blues Route "The Blues Is Back in Town" on the flyer. And I thought yeah thats what happened to the blues its in my town now. It all started in Mississippi and spreads all over the world. You'll find the blues evrywhere, and everyone can have the Blues.
Our task is "keeping the blues alive". And I hope we do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

NICEEEEEEEEEEEE

HW de Nijs said...

Thank You